Monday, November 5, 2007

Readling Lists

What's Currently on My Bedside Table:

Rise and shine : a novel
Quindlen, Anna.

The wild trees : a story of passion and daring
Preston, Richard, 1954-

Right livelihoods : three novellas
Moody, Rick.

Maisy goes to the library
Cousins, Lucy.

The uses of enchantment : a novel
Julavits, Heidi.

The encyclopedia of ghosts and spirits
Guiley, Rosemary.

A child's garden : enchanting outdoor spaces for children and parents
Dannenmaier, Molly

The collector
Fowles, John, 1926-

Moby Dick

St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves
Russell, Karen

Will any of these get read? Only the Shadow knows.

5 comments:

jesswynne said...

I finished the Karen Russell; if you skip a couple few in the middle of the book, you might like a couple toward the end. I liked the title story, and the one about the giant conches (sorry, at work, can't remember title)

The Encyclopedia of Ghosts and Spirits! Cool.

Bernadette said...

I've read almost all of Lucy Cousins works. Very upbeat and a good quick read. You can skip the middle of those as well - as long as nobody's looking.

Bernadette said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
who... said...

Ha.

SLS said...

I read a story in Zoetrope by Karen Russell about a year ago, which was set in the Everglades. I liked the atmosphere of the story a lot. I tried to tackle the Whale this summer, by both book and CD, and yet, still, the venture failed. The story is fascinating, but the sections of the types of whales, harpoons, boats, etc., get a bit weary. I'd try it again, though.