Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving: Another List

Younger Girleen, according to her teacher, is thankful for Mommy, Daddy, Sister and CAREBEARS.

Elder Girleen is thankful for her family and her friends.

And me?

The lovely blue glaze of the sky the past few weeks, especially when coupled with the brilliant yellow of the gingko leaves.

The pair of hawks taken up residence at the pinnacle of a neighborhood oak, and the fact that I have enough time in my day (at least a few times a week) to take Younger Girleen on a walk past them.

That I made it through the last school fundraising auction without spending over a thousand bucks on a mosaic table or a bauhaus-style playhouse (but o, how I wanted to!)

That we will be having pumpkin chiffon pie with candied pumpkin curls rather than a storebought pumpkin pie from Kroger (since I am making this, we may wish for that Kroger pie before it's all over).

That, since starting this blog, I put pen-to-paper at least a couple of times a week.

For friends and family.

And of course, god love them, for CAREBEARS.

1 comment:

SLS said...

All good things to be grateful for--especially the walks! I don't don't know what I'd do without my evening walks. We're headed up to Sopchoppy this morning, and I'm looking forward to the starry, starry sky in the woods tonight. Happy Thanksgiving!